The key was to connect the LabVIEW environment to dozens of sensors, actuators and communication channels that required full custom electronic hardware and software design (low level drivers). This has been achieved with the sbRIO-9651 System-On-Module that is plugged into a standard carrier board. This smart embedded system moves the dish continuously towards the sun with closed-loop control that implemented in the FPGA. The drivers for the specific electronic devices have been programmed in C/Eclipse and made accessible in LabVIEW-Environment through the Call-Library-Node. Schmid Elektronik was able to leverage its 10 years LabVIEW-Embedded experience into this 24/7 outdoor application. The CPS-Platform can be modified and customized to any other measurement and control application with their specific I/O hard- and software.
- Various Analog and Digital I/O for typical measurement and control tasks
- 2x GIGE Ethernet
- Onboard Memory (SD-Card) for local data storage
- Serial interfaces like USB, RS422, RS232
- Stepper Motor Interface
- CANOpen Interface to the FPGA
- Scalable sensor network with intelligent nodes
- The possibility to connect LabVIEW to specific, full custom hardware that is outside the NI standard
- The customer didn’t need to worry about the Low-Level-Drivers.They were delivered by Schmid.
- The customer was able to create an innovative solution with todays best solar energy efficiency
NI System Content
- NI Single-Board RIO
- NI System-On-Module (SOM)