Using National Instruments image acquisition software and hardware, along with advanced image analysis routines developed with the NI LabVIEW Vision Development Module, to develop a five-camera plate quality inspection system (PQIS) that uses three conveyors placed end to end in order to inspect both the top and bottom surfaces of the plates at the gap between conveyors and using NI LabVIEW software to develop a custom laser triangulation algorithm to acquire high-resolution 3D plate and bowl models as they pass through the system. The manufacturer selected CTI based on the relatively low cost of our proposed system and our extensive experience in creating solutions for challenging machine vision applications.
- System administrators can use the PQIS software to configure the pass/fail criteria for each defect
- Advanced processing of the light intensities yields a defect detection of greater than 95 percent with no human intervention.
- Software provides utilities for system alignment and diagnostics
- New plate designs can be defined through the provided editor and added to the system as needed
- System throughput is up to 60 plates per minute
- Inspection runs 24 hours per day, seven days per week, with minimal down time.
- Huge return on investment
- All results are stored in a database after each sample is analyzed. Process trending and statistics are invaluable to both process engineering and quality assurance departments.
NI System Content
- NI Vision Acquisition Software
- NI PCIe-1430 dual Camera Link acquisition device
- Vision Development Module
- NI PCI-6514 industrial digital I/O device