DMC collaborates with clinicians, researchers, architects, and construction crews to deliver a custom test chamber solution for autonomic research with thermoregulatory control. We work alongside hospital representatives to identify the unique needs of each test facility for research and clinical work as well as software and test requirements. We ensure the test chamber is built for patient comfort, test operability, and staff and physician involvement.
The hospital test chamber system software spans three layers: the user interface written in LabVIEW, the chamber control and data collection in LabVIEW Real-Time, and additional control and low level operation in LabVIEW FPGA. The control loop is performed on the NI CompactRIO device. Multiple safety mechanisms are in place ensuring patient safety and comfort.
- Collection of data for clinical and research deliverables
- Live monitoring for physician and staff interaction
- Automated graphing and report generation
- Ability to diagnose and research using a custom hospital test chamber
- Patient safety and comfort, with automatic and manual safety mechanisms
- Data integrity, with automatic storage of test data and generation of test reports
NI System Content
- LabVIEW FPGA
- LabVIEW Real-Time
- LabVIEW for Windows
- National Instruments CompactRIO
- National Instruments C-series